Monday, November 13, 2006

#15 BAD FROG BEER - BAD FROG BREWERY CO.























click picture for larger view


These guys remain alive and well even though they haven't grown all that much beerwise, with only three varieties, according to the website. The site claims that the beer started with a mock t-shirt about a beer that didn't exist. This lead to a 30,000 initial order and sales of one million bottles of beer in the first month of production! Another interesting note is that they put out a "craft micro malt" that comes in a 40! Classy. I'll be on the lookout for that.



BREWERY STATUS: ACTIVE
BEER STATUS: ACTIVE

BREWERIES STILL ACTIVE: 11 of 14
BEERS STILL ACTIVE: 11 of 15

Please note that all information on the graphic is from the book MICROBREWS: A GUIDE TO AMERICA'S BEST NEW BEERS AND BREWERIES published in 1996 and may or may not be outdated. All use is for educational purposes only.

2 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would list them as still in business.

I'm not sure this company was ever about cxraft beer. Instead about selling beer with a goofy label, then a lot of merchandise.

It appears you can still buy their merchandise from a Yahoo store, but the beer is long gone (and no loss).

I'll try to write something nicer about the next entry.

Stan

 
At 11/13/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger the said...

Ha. Never tried the stuff but I remember the uproar of the frog flipping the bird. Maybe I'll ask around to get the scoop on these guys seeing as they are relatively local to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home